Thursday 14 July 2011

Thing 5 - Who's counting?



It can be hard to stay motivated when you meet with barriers.  This weblog by Seth Godin  "Which of the four are getting in the way" has recently informed my reflective working practices.  The idea of work as play is one I am trying to live up to!   I don't think that you can be an effective reflective practitioner without time.  One strategy that I find useful is The Double D2 Strategy  which advocates splitting your time between development, diversification, discovery and divestment.  The most important, and the hardest to achieve, being the divestment part or the stopping of the things which don't add enough value in order to make space for new things.  I believe that perspective comes with distance, I love the Google 20% rule and Stefan Sagmeisters' one year in seven sabbaticals.
To all term time school librarians out there have a great summer holiday!



No comments:

Post a Comment