Tuesday 21 June 2011

CPD 23 Things 1... Oops we've started already!

Hi there
I've been working in libraries for just short of 8 years now, first in two different academic libraries and currently in a school. Whilst school librarianship is incredibly creative, challenging and rewarding I feel that the future for me might involve a sideways move somehow into museums/art galleries. (No one told me how similar to social work the role of a school librarian could be!)

After starting to blog last year- many of us school librarians get a wonderfully long summer break- I kinda lost the habit when work got in the way. I took on a temporary additional library job Sept to Dec 2010 and when I went back to doing just the one job I had sort of got out of the habit of blogging.

I've dabbled with quite a few of the 23 things and even started to include some of them in my working role, but feel that more practice and getting inspiration from others will be really beneficial to me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Judith,

    I have just created my blog for 23 Things- yours has some great stuff on it already! Hope mine will look fabulous after this course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LibraryGeek
    Thanks for the encouragement and sorry not to have replied sooner (v. busy end of term!) How are you finding 23 Things? Are you moving from state to independent, I'd be interested to know how things differ.

    ReplyDelete